Friday, August 26, 2011

Cesc Still Defends Arsenal

Just because he is home, doesn't mean he is completely over Arsenal. Cesc Fabregas is still sticking up for his former club, even after winning the European Super Cup today, when he tweeted, "And all I can remember in this moment is in what AFC has done for me in my career. Always in my heart." right after they won the match 2-0 over Porto. 

Cesc has been defending the club, stadium and fans of Arsenal, especially after Nasri claimed Arsenal fans weren't "as passionate as Man City's", Cesc came back saying, "I think you should ask the proper fans who pay every year for season tickets."

"I have never felt at home as I was at Highbury [Arsenal's old stadium] at any other stadium in the world. Highbury was a special thing that I don't think will happen any more, but Arsenal have to make the Emirates their own home now and with their own cabinet of trophies to start all over again," he also was quoted saying "I'm very happy for Arsenal and their fans because they deserve to be in the Champions League." It is totally ok for Fabregas to be standing up for Arsenal, his past club of 8 years, just like David Villa is to Valencia, how Andrea Pirlo is to AC Milan, how Zlatan was to Barc-wait, maybe not him...but how any person would be with a good experience to the club. Praise for past clubs is normal; plus it settles the fans nerves/makes them feel that the player didn't just "leave" them and still cares.

No comments: